Does Curriculum Vitae Format Matter?
A request to send a CV can astonish not only students that apply for the job for the first time but also people with working experience that used to deal with resumes.
CV or Curriculum Vitae sounds overly sophisticated until you find out that in Latin it’s only “life course” and actually just a more comprehensive form of a resume.
While in the USA it remains a form that submitted mostly for careers in science, in the Old World so-called European curriculum vitae format is common for job applications in various scopes.
Such submission form is more valued by employers since it gives them a better glimpse on a personality they consider as a candidate for a certain position. From applicants, in the opposite, it requires additional efforts to compound and polish it so it will become a ticket to the desired career destination.
Curriculum Vitae UK Format Features
CVs have a couple of additional sections that are typically not included in resumes. They contain more detailed information about work and other living experience including publications, awards, certification, memberships in volunteer or professional organizations, interests and hobbies.
Luckily you don’t have to fit all this stuff in a one-page format. But the content still should be well-structured and formatted so it’d be easy to read. Some companies get thousands of applications every day and their HR departments don’t have time for some kind of school essay about yourself.
If you’ve never composed the document before, you should better rely on some curriculum vitae sample format of which will provide you with a framework you should fill out.
Various curriculum vitae types, nevertheless, contain common fundamental CV sections presented in the following order:
- Contact information. Here you mention the basic data: name and surname, address, telephone, cell phone, and e-mail. You should be careful with its spelling to ensure that a potential employer will be able to contact you. Do also a background check of the company you’ll provide this info to avoid its misuse.
- Personal information (optional). Facts like gender, marital status, date, and place of birth, citizenship, visa status, etc. you can be also asked to provide. It’s not obligatory unless it’s specified. Such requirements may appear if you apply for a job abroad or for positions with a comprehensive background check.
- Working experience. In this section, you should list details and dates of your employment including academic and training periods. You can modify it considering the job you’re applying for. The goal is to show that you can act efficiently in the offered conditions and not that you’re a restless worker.
- Education. Specify what educational institutions you can call your alma mater starting with high school (for some countries). Include periods, degrees, majors and certificates. On some occasions, you can include dissertation information and research experience.
- Qualification. If you have gone through additional training to widen your range of skills you can mention these efforts for your development. List only the ones you’ve completed and your probable workplace will benefit from. For overseas jobs, you might be obligated to provide certificates that prove the level of the local language.
A curriculum vitae English format should also include useful skills, extra activities, and interests. Optionally, it may also contain publications, presentations, memberships – anything that can present you as a versatile personality and a professional. Keep in mind that you can edit CV online with the help of the professionals to make sure that it looks perfect.
Finishing Touches for Your CV
Ensure that you have presented the product of your brainstorm on your PC screen. Do you see a real person behind the words? Sure, a CV is only the first part of the battle for a job title, but
Don’t rush to print your curriculum vitae format PDF that is the best option for a document with a complex framework. Reviews and revisions aren’t just for academic writing. When you see an occasional typo or one-time misspelling an employer will see a lack of concentration, reliability or knowledge.
Finally, if you’re uncertain what words to describe yourself in a CV, according to your employer, you can go through content on the official website in the Career section or contact the HR department for further details.
The construction industry needs first-class professionals, so the demand from specialists is high. You need to create a compelling and persuasive electrician CV in order to make your job searching process successful. Don’t miss the chance to land a decent job as the rising demand for alternative energy sources brings a higher rate of job growth for electricians and other workers. According to the American Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job outlook for electricians is expected to be 9% between 2016 and 2026. The average salary for this job was $54,110 in 2017. So, here is what you need to know about crafting an impressive CV for the electrician. CV Electrician Profile Having a professionally-written application document can make it […]
Are you struggling with your interior design CV? Is it hard for you to come up with creative ideas even though creativeness is your way of earning money? No worries – you are not alone. For the majority of interior designers selling themselves is a huge problem. Yet, the lack of a killer CV makes damage to your career and lets other less-qualified candidates pass you over. In this post, we would like to share the top 5 secrets on how to create a killer CV for interior design as well as discuss the most common interior design CV mistakes. Know What Your Target Audience Is Working on commercial interior design, start from focusing on the ultimate customer – the […]
The fashion industry is an extremely competitive place for job-seekers. That is why writing the application document, which will make you stand out of the crowd can be tough. As the employers need about one minute to decide if you fit the position, presenting them not only your resume but a also fashion CV – the document, which is supposed to persuade the recruiter in your worthiness, is essential. If you doubt your ability to create a powerful message, entrust it to CVPolitan. Sharing Our Experience of Fashion CV Template Writing Besides telling you about our service work, we would like to share with you some practical pieces of advice, which can serve you as a great tool when writing […]