Chef CV – How to Make a ‘Tasty’ Job Application
The job market is ultracompetitive nowadays. It can be quite hard to find a job as a chef. Yet, properly structured and well-written CV can increase your chances. It will make your application more noticeable. Before starting to write it, take a look at a chef CV sample to orientate yourself what information it should include and realize what layout a typical CV has. For many candidates, it may be very helpful to have a look at chef CV examples UK to realize what’s required on a CV.
What Should Chef CV Include?
1. Personal Statement. It is hard to create a CV for chef or sous chef CV, so it is a good idea to start with a personal statement. It is a perfect part to understand which of your skills may come in handy to your prospective employer. If you have found a job offer in the ad, tailor the statement to it. It will show your employer that you are a good fit.
2. Brief Employment History. A traditional CV might begin with a list of academic achievements and qualifications. Yet, it is not a one-size-fits-all-option. Start your professional CV writing from the statements of what you have done, beginning from the most recent roles. Essential information is the name of the company location, how long you worked there and a description of your responsibilities. It will be better for you note a business’ web-address and any memberships or awards it can boast of.
3. Advanced Employment History. Employment history can not only communicate the basics of your working experience but also illustrate what you can do on the desired position. Put focus on the job requirements and your outline experience and skills you already possess to support that. Write the list of your previous jobs to demonstrate you are a good fit for the desired one. For instance, you can write about menu creation, managing stock, budget control, developing suppliers, marketing involvement, responsibility for safety practices or developing suppliers. All the above skills are particularly important when writing a head chef CV.
4. Education and Training. If you have qualifications, no matter whether it is first aid or a culinary tech, this is the part to fit them in. A short qualification summary is fine, together with the date of receiving it and the institution you received it from.
5. Skills. A skills section is similar to adding spices to your dish. Choosing the good ones can turn it into a culinary masterpiece and selecting the bad ones can make it a fiasco. For example, you cannot add basil if according to the recipe, it needs garlic. The same goes for a chef CV. Following the head chef CV template like the recipe, you are more likely to gain success.
Chef CV can include hard and soft skills!
Hard skills are know-how and specific abilities (for instance, food prep duties, Beef Grinder 5000). Soft CV skills are life-learned attributes (adaptability, food safety consciousness).
When listing skills, don’t be lazy. Don’t describe each one with one or two words, like “responsibility”, “BOH tasks”, “adaptability”. Make it look nicer and inspirational, use action verbs to spice it. For instance, instead of “adaptability”, you can write something like “A good attitude towards changing environment”, or use other good words to describe yourself in a CV.
6. The Rest. After all the information mentioned above, your prospective recruiter knows what your professional experience is and what direction you want to develop your career in. In the end, you can show why you are a better fit than your competitors are. Try to highlight the specific skills you possess and why they are essential to this position. It can also be good to add extracurricular activities, such as voluntary work and sports. If you are writing a sous-chef CV, it is essential to put light on your managerial skills. You can mention some stressful or hard situation and the way you coped with it.
Sometimes you can run into a chef CV example that mentions your social media accounts. If you like creating dishes that look nice and tasty, posting them on Facebook and Instagram can be a good way to help you stand out from the crowd.
7. References. References should be put on request. There are many chef CV examples on the web. If you check what recruiters want to see in a typical chef CV, it can increase your employment opportunities. You can also explore CV tools and builders to provide yourself with valuable insights into the process of recruitment.
How a Head Chef Job Application Differs from the General One?
A head chef is responsible for controlling the restaurant’s food, staff, and smooth and dynamic running of the kitchen. It exerts pressure on a person, especially if the restaurant is big and busy. That’s why a chef CV template always includes real-world examples of supervising kitchen workers, working under pressure, staying professional whatever happens and meeting critical deadlines.
Key Tips on Writing Chef Curriculum Vitae
- Make it personal. Address the manager of the restaurant by name. In the resume heading, you should also mention the name of the restaurant. Make your CV stand out.
- Make them need you if you want to be in their team. Use impressive achievements and the dressing of action verbs to wow them. Make yourself look good for it.
- Triple-check. You should reread your CV twice or even thrice to ensure there are no mistakes in it.
Now, your chef CV skills are cooked to perfection. If you have followed this article, you should create a really taste resume. Be attentive, write only true information and take care about how many pages for a CV you need to write.
In case you have questions on how to create a chef CV UK or need a piece of advice, give us a shout in the comments section below and we will give you an answer.
Ready for new opportunities?
Apply for your New CV
Writing an essay seems impossible for many students to complete. However, they still don’t discuss a lot of privileges of help from the outside. For example, have you ever ordered an essay to be done by a professional writer? Did you know about such a possibility? Let’s get things clear, besides, an essay is of […]
Are you dreaming of a career in the IT-sphere? Here are the top IT jobs and the best ways to land them. Start earning a lot of money by choosing an IT position.